As we put more and more of our lives online, privacy is a major concern, especially for people working in creative access areas.
Keeping your supporters updated is one of your top priorities. If you’re using MailChimp to send out updates to your contacts, here are two settings to check and update for your audiences (formerly lists).
Keep Your Campaigns Private
This setting will make sure your campaigns are not discoverable by any existing or future features MailChimp creates.
- Login to Your Account
- Find the Audience (formerly Lists) you want to update
- Under the “Manage Audience” button choose Settings.
- Click “Publicity Settings” from the list of options
- Click the radio button “No, my campaigns for this audience are not public.”
- Scroll down and click “Save Publicity Settings”
The Archive Bar
Optionally you can disable the “Archive Bar” if you don’t see a benefit to any of these features.
Have a look at this help article for additional information about Publicity Settings.
Another useful tip is including a small note in the pre-header or footer of your template asking your subscribers to not post or share any of the information online if that is ideal for your situation. You can include this verbiage in your design notes on your order.